Two of ABC’s most popular reality series, Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor, have been renewed by the network, according to Deadline.
- Dancing with the Stars will be entering its 28th season while The Bachelor will enter season number 24.
- Dancing with the Stars’ season 27 finale drew 7.90 million total viewers.
- The Bachelor’s season 23 finale in March drew 8 million viewers, surpassing the series’ 2018 finale.
- In addition to the reality series, ABC has also renewed comedy series Fresh Off the Boat, Single Parents, Bless This Mess, American Housewife, and The Rookie.
- Fresh Off the Boat will enter its sixth season, American Housewife is headed for season four, and the other three series will all return for their sophomore seasons.
- To catch up on all the Disney renewals and cancellations, be sure to check out our ‘Renewed or Cancelled’ guide.
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- ABC has cancelled freshman comedy The Kids Are Alright and new drama The Fix. Meanwhile the network has also announced that Splitting Up Together will also end after two seasons and Speechless will be silenced after three seasons.
- Fans of ABC’s TGIT are in for a treat as the network has announced it’s renewing three Shondaland favorites: Grey’s Anatomy, Station 19, and How to Get Away with Murder.
- ABC has cancelled For the People following its second season. The show was produced by Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland which recently left its long time home at ABC to go to Netflix.
- Extreme football fans can rejoice, as ESPN and Fox Sports have signed a multi-year agreement with the XFL. The league will return starting with the 2020 season and with games broadcast on ABC, Fox, and ESPN among others.