Three new animated short films will make their official Disney debut next spring on Disney+. Each film is part of the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Short Circuit program.
About the shorts:
- “Jing Hua (Flower in the Mirror)”
- “The first short comes from director Jerry Huynh, a technical director at Walt Disney Animation Studios. He’s worked on some of our favorite films like Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet, so we can only anticipate his short Jing Hua will bring something magical to Disney+!”
- “Just a Thought”
- “‘Just a Thought’ is a short inspired by those awkward pre-teen years we all went through, and the newspaper comics that director Brian Menz grew up loving. With such credits on Disney favorites like Bolt, Big Hero 6, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Zootopia, Moana, and Ralph Breaks the Internet, we’re certain his short is one we’re going to love!”
- “Exchange Student”
- “Natalie Nourigat also worked on Ralph Breaks the Internet most recently, but launched her professional career drawing comics. We’re hoping to see some of Natalie’s love of comics in the art style of her short Exchange Student.”
About Short Circuit:
- Short Circuit is a program that provides anyone at the Walt Disney Animation Studios the opportunity to pitch a short film idea.
- If their pitch is selected, those individuals will be able to create an original short film with the support of the Studio and their fellow artists.
- IndieWire says the program launched in 2016 with the experimental Virtual Reality (VR) film, “Cycles.” That film was such a hit, Disney is reportedly open to developing more VR film projects.