ESPN has announced that radio personalities, Fitz and Spain are expanding their roles with the network. Fitz will join the weekday morning radio lineup, while Spain hosts a new weeknight show.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 28, ESPN’s Jason Fitz and Sarah Spain will be expanding their roles at the network.
- Fitz will become a regular part of ESPN Radio’s weekday morning lineup while Spain will host a new weeknight radio show.
- The duo has hosted ESPN Radio’s Spain and Fitz since the beginning of 2018.
About Jason Fitz’s new role:
- Fitz has quickly become a household name across radio programming and the network’s digital platforms including hosting SportsCenter on Snapchat.
- He will now be a regular contributor on ESPN Radio’s weekday morning drive show, Golic and Wingo and will play a key role in the radio and television simulcast of the show which airs weekdays, 6-10 am ET.
- Fitz will be the regular host of ESPN Radio’s First and Last on weekdays during the 5-6 am hour.
- The show – which leads into Golic and Wingo – will continue to provide insight on the previous night’s highlights and look ahead at the day’s stories.
- He will continue to contribute to ESPN’s live, on-site digital presence at major events.
About Sarah Spain’s new role:
- Spain is a signature voice across ESPN’s many platforms including ESPN Radio, espnW and a variety of the network’s television studio programming.
- Spain will now add to that, hosting her own, new ESPN Radio show, Spain and Company for three hours every Monday-Friday from 6-9 pm.
- Co-hosts on the nightly show will include ESPN Radio’s Jason Goff and ESPN college basketball analyst Jordan Cornette.
What they’re saying:
- Jason Fitz: “Working with Sarah has been incredible and it has – frankly – made me better being partnered with her every day. Looking ahead, I’m beyond excited to bring my energy and voice to the fans in the morning with the amazing Golic and Wingo team and before that, provide an hour of my perspective on First and Last.”
- Sarah Spain: “I’ve really enjoyed working with Jason, creating a fun and unique show based on our shared sensibilities and interests. Going forward, it’s a thrill for me to lead the way on Spain and Company with a great cast of co-hosts. We’ll be focused on the biggest national stories and giving listeners a fresh, different sound from the rest of the day’s radio slate.”