National Geographic is known for telling dramatic stories of conservation and the intense new trailer for Sea of Shadows tells us this new documentary will perfectly fit that mold.
- Sea of Shadows follows “a multinational team of scientists, activists, journalists and undercover agents go up against drug cartels and illegal traffickers to save the most endangered whale on Earth.”
- The documentary is executive produced by Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Richard Ladkani (The Ivory Game).
- Sea of Shadows won the Audience Award for World Cinema Documentary at the Sundance Film Festival.
- The new documentary from National Geographic will come to theaters July 12.
- Deadline also shared a poster for the film:
ICYMI – More National Geographic news:
- National Geographic has posted a story by Joel K. Bourne Jr. that reveals that the last known ship to bring enslaved Africans to America has been discovered.
- To mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day, National Geographic is celebrating with a week of powerful programming devoted to World War II.
- National Geographic has unveiled their programming lineup for the 2019-2020 season and it includes a reboot of the mind-melting series Brain Games.