- Toy Story 4 will feature the voices of comedy legends Betty White, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner and Carol Burnett.
- The group will voice characters that will match their natural personalities and bear some pun-filled names.
- Brooks voices Melephant Brooks, Burnett voices Chairol Burnett, Reiner plays Carl Reineroceros and White voices the teething toy Bitey White.
- The four actors voice baby toys that have “done their job are just kind of waiting around for what happens next,” according to director Josh Cooley.
What they’re saying:
- Mel Brooks: “The Toy Story movies are not only great fun, but they have a lot of heart.”
- Betty White: “It was wonderful the way they incorporated our names into the characters. And I’m a sucker for animals, so the tiger was just perfect!”
- Carl Reiner: “To be represented by a cute little toy character is not the worst thing in the world.”
- Cooley: “Toy Story 4 finds Woody and the gang settling into their new roles as playthings for young Bonnie after their first owner Andy let them go in the previous film. And among the new crew are these four baby toys that are no longer in the spotlight for this little girl, reminiscing about the good old days when times were simpler.”
Toy Story 4 Synopsis:
- “Woody has always been confident about his place in the world, and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. So when Bonnie’s beloved new craft-project-turned-toy, Forky, declares himself “trash” and not a toy, Woody takes it upon himself to show Forky why he should embrace being a toy. But when Bonnie takes the whole gang on her family’s road trip excursion, Woody ends up on an unexpected detour that includes a reunion with his long-lost friend Bo Peep. After years of being on her own, Bo’s adventurous spirit and life on the road belie her delicate porcelain exterior. As Woody and Bo realize they’re worlds apart when it comes to life as a toy, they soon come to find that’s the least of their worries.”
You can see the next step in the Toy Story franchise when Toy Story 4 comes to theaters July 21.