Square Enix, the video game developer behind the Kingdom Hearts franchise, took to the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2019 to reveal their long-awaited Marvel’s Avengers game.
- The trailer revealed at E3 reveals a unique story for our favorite heroes. While celebrating A-Day, The Avengers face a fight they’re not ready for, resulting in the apparent death of Captain America. The game then takes place five years in the future.
- Players will be able to play as Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Black Widow and Iron Man, though more characters were also teased.
- In fact, it was revealed that the game will feature story told over multiple years, with new content being released on a regular basis after launch.
- One of the notable characters revealed, outside of the main roster, was Hank Pym, also known as Ant-Man.
- During the showcase, the voice cast for the new game was also revealed. The cast includes:
- Troy Baker as Bruce Banner
- Jeff Schine as Captain America
- Nolan North as Iron Man,
- Travis Willingham as Thor
- Laura Bailey as Black Widow
- The game will also offer online play, allowing players to assemble a team of up to four to customize a growing roster of heroes and help protect, or at the very least avenge, the Earth.
- One of the most exciting announcements regarding the game was that additional heroes and regions will be added to the game at no additional cost to the players.
- The game will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia and PC, though some added benefits were also teased for the PlayStation audience, including early beta access and other unique benefits that will be revealed at a later date.
- Marvel’s Avengers comes from a partnership between Square Enix, Marvel Games and Crystal Dynamics and will be released on May 15, 2020.
What they’re saying:
- Shaun Escayg, Creative Director, Crystal Dynamics: “A few years ago, Crystal Dynamics and Marvel began collaborating on an original Avengers game. One that combined epic action adventure with cinematic storytelling. A game where we as players can experience, in both single-player and co-op, what it’s like to be Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.”
- Meagan Marie, Senior Community and Social Media Manager, Crystal Dynamics: “Our game is about embracing your powers and living your superhero dreams.”