Marvel is releasing a prequel comic to the upcoming video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The new comic, titled Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Dark Temple, will be released in September, according to StarWars.com.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Dark Temple will be a five-part miniseries that will lead directly into the highly-anticipated game.
- The comic will be written by Matthew Rosenberg and illustrated by Paolo Villanelli.
- The story will follow Jedi Master Eno Cordova and his Padawan Cere Junda, a major character from the upcoming game, as they embark on a seemingly simple mission that becomes much more dangerous.
- Here is a description of the new comic:
- The Jedi Council sends the pair to the remote planet Ontotho to oversee the excavation of a mysterious temple; on Ontotho, dueling forces of local resistance and ruthless security troops clash in a war for the fate of the planet, with the Jedi caught in the middle.
- A first look at the cover for the new comic was also revealed:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Dark Temple is being developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm and Respawn Entertainment, the game developer behind Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- The first issue of the new comic will be available in September while Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will hit stores November 15 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
What they’re saying:
- Matthew Rosenberg, writer: “Working on the Jedi: Fallen Order comic has been a great experience. Respawn and Lucasfilm are not only creating one of the most exciting video games in a long, long time, but they’re also telling a truly epic Star Wars story. So having the chance to introduce audiences to some of the game’s cast, and explore a bit of who they are and how they got where they are is really fun. Cere Junda and Eno Cordova are a pair of Jedi that fans are definitely going to want to know more about, and this comic will tell you part of their story you won’t get anywhere else.”
- Paolo Villanelli, illustrator: “What’s more fun than working on a new Star Wars book? Well, the answer is working on a new Star Wars book exploring a completely new part of the franchise. As a video game lover I was super excited to be part of the new Fallen Order game, and as an artist I was thrilled to explore and create a part of it for the comics. Besides our titular heroes Cere and Eno, we’ll get a chance to show new planets, villains, and some good old lightsaber action.”