As previously announced, the Leave a Legacy monoliths placed in front of Spaceship Earth at Epcot will be moved to outside of the park as part of a new entryway. Now the first set of construction walls have come down, revealing that the first half of the monoliths have been removed.
- The first monoliths have now been removed, creating an open pathway for guests entering Epcot.
- Meanwhile, construction on the other side of the entryway is expected to begin soon.
- All of the Leave a Legacy monoliths will reside just outside of the park’s gateway.
About the new Epcot entryway
- Changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance
- The plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.
- This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
- Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade
- More details will be released in the future