The Disney Music Emporium will return to the D23 Expo this summer with a pop-up shop feature amazing new musical collectibles. Plus, during the weekend, several musicians and actors will be stopping by the pop-up shop for album signings.
- D23 has revealed that the Disney Music Emporium will be returning to D23 Expo 2019, with a pop-up store on the show floor.
- During the Expo, the Disney Music Emporium pop-up will feature album signings by artists and award-winning composers, as well as collectible merchandise available for purchase.
- Limited quantities of a wide assortment of music products will be available, including:
- New releases from Marvel and Lucasfilm
- Vinyl albums
- Die-cut picture disc vinyl
- Crosley turntables
- Cassette players
In addition to the 23 new offerings available, there will be 10 titles available for purchase for the first time ever at D23 Expo:
- Avengers: Endgame (12” picture disc)
- Aladdin: The Songs (vinyl album)
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” (12” vinyl single from The Lion King)
- “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Symphonic Suite” (12” picture disc)
- “Married Life”/”Carl Goes Up” (12” vinyl from Up)
- The Princess and the Frog: The Songs (12” picture disc),
- “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” (12” single from Fantasia)
— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) June 20, 2019
- During the weekend, several musicians and actors will stopping by the pop-up for album signings.
- Special guests signings at the Disney Music Emporium shop include:
- Composer and Disney Legend Randy Newman (Toy Story films, The Princess and the Frog, Cars films)
- Composer Tyler Bates (Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1)
- Actor Anthony Gonzalez (voice of Miguel from Coco)
- Singer-songwriter, actor, and dancer Matthew Morrison (Glee)
- Hollywood Records artist JD McCrary (voice of young Simba in The Lion King).
- Please note, scheduled artists are subject to change.
“Great Moments with Walt Disney:”
- In addition to the amazing musical offerings and guest appearances, fans will have the chance to explore some of the musical history behind Disney cartoons.
- On Friday, August 23, at the Archives Stage from 10:30–11:30 am, Randy Thornton, Disney Music Group’s Supervising Producer and Music Historian will be presenting “Great Moments with Walt Disney.”
- This presentation features audio recordings of Walt Disney himself as he recalls:
- Developing the first cartoon with synchronized sound
- Creating Disney’s first hit song
- Meeting Russian composer Sergei Prokofiev
Get your tickets!