We are getting closer and closer to one of Disney’s most highly-anticipated live-action remakes. The Lion King comes to theaters next month and a new international trailer for the upcoming film features a clip from the beloved song “Can You Feel The Love Tonight.”
— BEYONCÉ LEGION (@BeyLegion) June 20, 2019
- The classic song is sung in the new movie by Donald Glover, who voices Simba, and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, who voices Nala.
- The trailer also features voiceover from James Earl Jones, who voices Mufasa, as well as a look at the iconic shot of Mufasa’s face in the sky as he speaks to Simba.
- It’s worth noting that this is an international trailer, as is made clear by the July 18 release date it shows.
- The Lion King will roar into US theaters on July 19.
- “Disney’s The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book), journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.”
The Lion King features the voices of:
- Donald Glover as Simba
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar
- Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
- Billy Eichner as Timon