Freeform has announced the pick up of drama Close Up to pilot. The episode comes from Shondaland veteran, Peter Nowalk (Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy) and ABC Signature Studios.
- Earlier today, Freeform’s Lauren Corrao, announced the network has picked up the one-hour drama Close Up to pilot.
- ABC television veteran, Peter Nowalk created the pilot that centers on a high school girl on a mission to expose the truth.
- The pilot is executive produced by (How to Get Away with Murder) and written by Keith Staskiewicz (Three Delivery), and is a character-driven drama full of suspense, mystery and twists no one will see coming.
About Close Up:
- “Close Up is set in Centreville, New Jersey, a suburban town just like any other … at least on the surface. Centreville high school student Rachel Guyer is on a mission to expose the truth about her seemingly normal hometown and turn her community inside out.”
What they’re saying:
- Lauren Corrao, executive vice president, Original Programming and Development, Freeform: “Close Up tells a wonderfully layered story that illuminates the strength behind one young woman’s act of rebellion and its impact on changing the world. This show will defy expectations and spark cultural conversation, and we are so grateful to Peter and Keith for bringing it to life on Freeform.”
- Peter Nowalk: “Keith is a brilliant storyteller. He’s created a show that is unique, mysterious and timely. We feel lucky that our executives at Freeform and Signature share our passion for these characters and can’t wait to make the pilot.”
- Tracy Underwood, senior vice president, ABC Signature Studios: “We are beyond thrilled to land a home for Pete and this wildly talented fresh voice and first-time creator Keith Staskiewicz with our partners at Freeform.”
More from Freeform: