Fox/Disney has reportedly attached Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi to an animated Flash Gordon feature film, according to Deadline.
- Waititi’s role with the film is unknown at this time, but Deadline claims to have heard he was signing on to write and direct the animated film.
- The Flash Gordon film has been in development for quite some time but the animated feature idea appears to be new.
- Flash Gordon originated from a 1934 comic strip before becoming a 1980 live-action film starring Sam Jones.
- Waititi is currently in post production on his Fox Searchlight film Jojo Rabbit and recently voiced Korg in Avengers: Endgame, after the character first appeared in Thor:Ragnarok.
- He is also serving as creator of FX’s What We Do in the Shadows and recently joined the cast of 20th Century Fox’s upcoming film Free Guy.
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- Funko recently released a first look at their exclusive Pop! Figures themed to Disney, Marvel and more.
- Check out Alex’s review of 21st Century Fox’s recent X-Men film Dark Phoenix.
- National Geographic Kids is celebrating the 10th anniversary of their Almanac this year and the upcoming edition celebrates this in a big way.
- FX has jumped on board with BBC for an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol.