This August, the D23 Expo 2019 will bring Disney fans face to face with some of the most talented minds behind animated films they love so much. As the Expo gets closer, Disney has announced their animation panel lineup for Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios.
- Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) are gearing up for an exciting weekend of announcements and presentations—sharing never-before-seen footage—plus interactive displays, artist autograph signings, sharable photo opportunities, and giveaways for 2019’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, California.
- This year, Pixar and WDAS will join forces with Disney’s live-action team, creating a thrilling Walt Disney Studios slate presentation that promises to wow Disney fans in Hall D23 with new announcements, surprise talent appearances, and sneak peeks of select scenes from the films.
Behind the Scenes With The Walt Disney Studios
Saturday, August 24, 10 am Hall D23
- As a part of The Walt Disney Studios presentation, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Chief Creative Officer Jennifer Lee and Pixar Animation Studios’ Chief Creative Officer Pete Docter will present never-before-seen footage, surprise announcements, musical performances, and appearances by all-star voice talent from the studios’ upcoming slate of animated films.
- Director Dan Scanlon and producer Kori Rae will introduce fans to the characters in Pixar’s upcoming original feature film Onward, while Docter and producer Dana Murray share details about next summer’s original feature Soul.
- Please note: Cell phones, cameras, and all recording devices will be checked for this presentation.
August 23–25, 9 am to 6 pm daily
- On the show floor, the two studios will once again team up for an immersive animation experience at D23 Expo.
- The studios’ upcoming slate of films, which include WDAS’ much-anticipated Frozen 2 and Pixar’s brand-new original feature film Onward, will be highlighted, including opportunities to meet the teams behind the movies and autograph signings of exclusive art and promotional item giveaways.
- Pixar Animation Studios will also introduce fans to a real-life version of Guinevere, the van from their upcoming film Onward.
- Decked out with crescent moon windows and a “Pegacorn” (part Pegasus, part unicorn) painted on her sides, Guinevere will offer guests a taste of the adventure that two teenage elf brothers will embark upon in the movie.
Sunday, August 25, 10 am, D23 Expo Arena
- The Little Mermaid: The 30th Anniversary Celebration! – Presented by H2O+
- Fans of the classic film are invited to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Little Mermaid, recognized around the world as one of the greatest animated films of all time.
- Hosted by the voice of Ariel herself, Jodi Benson, it will be an unforgettable “Under the Sea” celebration.
Sunday, August 25, 12 pm, Walt Disney Archives Stage
- Hidden Gems of the Walt Disney Animation Research Library: Preserving and Inspiring the Disney Legacy
- Fans will discover what it’s like to hold Disney history in their hands in this informative panel.
- The talented team at Walt Disney Animation Research Library (ARL) preserves millions of pieces of original Disney Animation art from Steamboat Willie to the films of today.
- Attendees will learn how the ARL shares these hidden gems, inspiring artists and audiences alike.
Sunday, August 25, 4 pm, Stage 28
- World Premiere: Walt Disney Animation Studios Presents Short Circuit
- In this exciting panel, Walt Disney Animation Studios will debut Short Circuit, an experimental short film program that will debut in Spring 2020 on Disney+.
- Talented artists and filmmakers will share their films for the first time anywhere and give behind-the-scenes insights.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.
- Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully animated feature film, 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013’s Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time.
- Among the studio’s timeless creations are:
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Jungle Book
- The Little Mermaid
- The Lion King
- BigHero 6
- And the upcoming Frozen 2
About Pixar Animation Studios:
- Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative, and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.
- The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including:
- Toy Story
- Monsters, Inc.
- The Incredibles
- Toy Story 3
- Inside Out
- Incredibles 2
- Toy Story 4
- Its movies have won 36 Academy Awards and have grossed more than $14 billion at the worldwide box office to date. Onward, Pixar’s 22nd feature, will open in theaters on March 6, 2020.
About D23 Expo 2019
- D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more.
- The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities.
- For the latest D23 Expo 2019 news, visit D23expo.com.
- Please note presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change.
- Single-day tickets for Friday and Sunday of D23 Expo 2019 are available for $89 for one-day adult admission and $69 for children 3–9.
- Single-day Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2019, visit D23Expo.com.
- The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood.
- D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history.
- It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.