As Epcot continues its previously-announced transformation, today we’re learning more about the timeline for temporary and permanent closures at the park — with the first changes coming this September.
On September 8th, several venues will close.
- This includes
- Fountain View (the park’s Starbucks location) – The popular coffee spot will relocate to a temporary location in late fall.
- Club Cool – The soft drink-serving venue will reopen in a new capacity at a future merchandise location.
- Pin Central – The premiere Epcot destination will relocate to a temporary location during refurbishment before moving to the Camera Center.
- Camera Center – The camera merchandise location will become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor Gifts – The American Adventure gift shop will become the new home for Art of Disney, which will also be closing in September.
- Innoventions East including Colortopia
- Character Spot and Character Spot North
- The Fountain of Nations
- Due to the closure of the Character Spots, several of the characters will greet guests in different locations:
- Minnie Mouse will move into the World Showcase Gazebo
- Daisy Duck will move to The American Adventure
- Mickey Mouse and Goofy will temporarily appear in Innoventions West, although Mickey will be getting a new location in the Imagination Pavilion
- Goofy and Joy will be given new homes yet to be announced
- Additionally, Winnie the Pooh will return to the U.K. Pavilion this September where guests can meet him in Christopher Robin’s bedroom.
- Electric Umbrella and Mouse Gear will also close in the winter. Mouse Gear will move to a temporary location this winter while its current location is reimagined. New dining options will be available in the future.
- Additionally, although Club Cool and Fountain View will be no more, Disney says that “elements” of these locations will return in the future.
While more details about the future of Epcot are expected to be announced at the D23 Expo, certain elements have already been revealed.
- Changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is being added to the France pavilion, based on the experience at Disneyland Paris
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along will also be shown in France in addition to Impressions de France
- A new Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion
- Updates to the O Canada! Circle-Vision 360 show
- A Space-themed table-service restaurant
- Takumi-Tei signature restaurant at the Japan pavilion
- Epcot Forever which will debut in 2019, followed by a new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020