Hulu has released a teaser trailer for Wu-Tang: An American Saga, a drama series that will chronicle one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all-time.
- Wu-Tang: An American Saga was given a straight-to-series order from Hulu back in October.
- The series is created and written by Alex Tse and Wu-Tang Clan front man The RZA and executive produced by Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo, as well as Wu-Tang Clan’s The RZA and Method Man, and Tse.
- The new drama series has received a 10-episode order.
- The series will explore and expand the world of the Wu-Tang clan.
- Wu-Tang Clan members Ghostface Killa, Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa and GZA as well as the Estate of ODB, will serve as consulting producers on the project.
- The Wu-Tang Clan has released five gold and platinum albums, selling 40 million albums worldwide. The group is often hailed as one of the most influential groups in the history of hip-hop with a unique sound and distinct image.
About Wu-Tang: An American Saga:
- Wu-Tang: An American Saga is inspired by “The Wu-Tang Manual” and “Tao of Wu”, and based on the true story of the Wu-Tang Clan. Set in early '90s New York at the height of the crack cocaine epidemic, the show tracks the Clan's formation, a vision of Bobby Diggs aka The RZA, who unites the men torn between music and crime but eventually rise to become the unlikeliest of American success stories. Wu-Tang: An American Saga premieres September 4 on Hulu.
What they’re saying:
- The RZA in October: “I’m delighted to be partnering with Hulu and Imagine to explore the vast story of the Wuniverse. Wu-Tang through our music has always strove to inspire as we entertain. This opportunity to continue the Wu – Saga in a 10-episode series will exponentially increase our inspirational style of entertainment. In the immortal words of ODB ‘Wu-Tang is for the Children.'”