Major League Soccer and Liga MX today announced that ESPN will be the U.S. English-language home for the Leagues Cup – a new international club competition pitting four Major League Soccer teams against four teams from Mexico’s Liga MX.
- The seven-match tournament will begin with quarterfinals Tuesday, July 23 – Wednesday, July 24, and conclude with the Final on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
- ESPN+ will exclusively stream three quarterfinal matches and ESPN will televise one match in the quarterfinal round.
- ESPN2 will televise the two semifinal matches on Wednesday, Aug. 20, and the Final on September 18. All matches on television will stream live on the ESPN App.
- The inaugural tournament will kick off with four matchups between championship teams from Liga MX and Major League Soccer:
- Club America, Cruz Azul, Tigres UANL and Club Tijuana will represent Liga MX.
- Chicago Fire, Houston Dynamo, LA Galaxy and Real Salt Lake will represent MLS.
- Leagues Cup Schedule:
- Tuesday, July 23 at 8:30 PM ET – Chicago Fire vs. Cruz Azul on ESPN+
- Tuesday, July 23 at 11:00 PM ET – LA Galaxy vs. Club Tijuana on ESPN
- Wednesday, July 24 at 8:30 PM ET – Houston Dynamo vs. Club America on ESPN+
- Wednesday, July 24 at 10:00 PM ET – Real Salt Lake vs. Tigres UANL on ESPN+
- Tuesday, August 20 at 8:30 PM ET – Semifinal 1 on ESPN2
- Tuesday, August 20 at 10:30 PM ET – Semifinal 2 on ESPN2
- Wednesday, September 18 at 10:30 PM ET – Final on ESPN2
ICYMI – More ESPN news:
- ESPN and the National Women’s Soccer League have announced an agreement to televise league matches during the 2019 season.
- With the 2019 ESPYS just around the corner, ESPN is once again hosting an auction to benefit The V Foundation.
- This July, the 2019 MLS All-Star Skills Challenge will be coming to Walt Disney World’s ESPN Wide World of Sport Complex.