Next month, the NBA Experience will be opening at Disney Springs, bringing hands-on activities and immersive experiences for basketball fans to enjoy. Today however, those visiting Disney Springs can get a taste of what’s to come as the new NBA Store has opened just next to the future attraction.
- The NBA Store at Disney Springs offers all kinds of NBA apparel – including hats, jerseys, t-shirts, shorts and more – for men, women and children, spanning every NBA team.
- The store also offers NBA-themed Disney merchandise, including shirts, socks, bags, keychains and more.
- Of course, the NBA Experience will also have its very own merchandise for guests to commemorate their visit. NBA Experience merchandise includes apparel, accessories and more,
- Guests will also be able to personalize their own Disney and NBA Experience merchandise at the personalization station, where they can put their names on water bottles, phone cases, MagicBands and more.
- Finally, the store is also home to a bank of touchpoints where guests will be able to customize their NBA Experience once the attraction opens. Guests will select their favorite NBA teams and enter more information which will then impact their experience in the attraction.
- The NBA Experience will open on August 12 at Disney Springs.
About the NBA Experience:
- Will feature 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities.
- Covers 44,000 square feet across two floors.
- Tickets include access to every activity.
- The entry will simulate walking through a player’s tunnel at a NBA or WNBA arena.
Some of the Experiences:
- Slam Dunk Challenge: Guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to perform superstar moves and have it captured by burst photography.
- Shooting Skills: Spots on a court light up as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many buckets as possible in 15 seconds.
- Stack Up: Guests can compare themselves against some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring their vertical leap, wingspan, shooting, and dribbling.
- Personalization: Activities can be personalized with guests’ names and their favorite NBA or WNBA teams.
- Real-Time Updates: Activities will be updated with NBA and WNBA statistics while guest leaderboards will be updated throughout the day.