And then there was one. ABC’s hit thriller, How to Get Away with Murder will premiere its sixth and final season on Thursday, September 26. Series creator and Shondaland veteran, Peter Nowalk says he’s working on “killer endings” for each character.
- ABC announced today that the upcoming sixth season of How to Get Away with Murder will be its last.
- The series, which has been a constant in ABC’s TGIT programming block since its debut in 2014, will return Thursday, September 26 (10:00-11:00 pm EDT).
- This season follows Professor Annalise Keating’s (Viola Davis) class through their final semester in law school – while the deception, fear and guilt binding Professor Keating to her students prove deadlier than ever.
What they’re saying:
- Karey Burke, president, ABC Entertainment: “Viola Davis made television history with her unforgettable portrayal of iconic female antihero Annalise Keating. I am eternally grateful to her, Pete Nowalk and Shondaland for creating and bringing to life such a smart, sophisticated and groundbreaking series that has long been an integral part of Thursday nights on ABC.”
- Series creator Pete Nowalk: “Deciding to end this series was a brutal decision, but ultimately the story tells you what to do – as it did here. For me, Annalise Keating’s journey has always had a clear ending. Knowing I have 15 episodes left to finish her story, and the chance to give all the characters their own killer endings, is a gift rarely given to a series creator and I’m grateful to ABC and ABC Studios for the opportunity and creative freedom. I am so thankful to the brilliant cast, writers and crew for dedicating themselves to the most rewarding experience of my career over the last six years. I also want to thank our fans. The only reason this show exists is because of your loyalty and enthusiasm. I can’t wait for you all to see how it ends, with twists and turns and all the craziness we love to create every Thursday night. Buckle up.”
Did you know?:
- During the series run, Viola Davis earned the 2015 Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series which cemented her name in history as the first woman of color to win an Emmy Award in the category.
- In addition to the Emmy, Davis has been honored with:
- Two SAG Awards
- A People’s Choice Award
- An NAACP Image Award
How to Get Away with Murder stars:
- Viola Davis as Professor Annalise Keating
- Billy Brown as Detective Nate Lahey
- Jack Falahee as Connor Walsh
- Aja Naomi King as Michaela Pratt
- Matt McGorry as Asher Millstone
- Charlie Weber as Frank Delfino
- Liza Weil as Bonnie Winterbottom
- Conrad Ricamora as Oliver Hampton
- Rome Flynn as Gabriel Maddox
- Amirah Vann as Tegan Price
Creative team includes:
- Creator and executive producer:
- Peter Nowalk (Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy)
- Executive producers:
- Shonda Rhimes
- Betsy Beers
- Stephen Cragg
- The show is produced by ABC Studios, a division of Disney Television Studios.
Check out our Renewed/Cancelled page for more information on ABC shows.