Although the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has always been exciting, it has carried a bit of asterisk as fans have wondered when the land’s second ride, Rise of the Resistance, would open. Today, the Disney Parks Blog revealed that the attraction would arrive at Walt Disney World this December followed by Disneyland in January.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 5th and at Disneyland on January 17th.
- That’s right — despite Disneyland’s Batuu opening months before Walt Disney World’s, West Coasters will have to wait a bit longer for the full experience.
- In addition to a new attraction poster (seen above), the Parks Blog also offered some more plot details about the ride, saying:
- “When it opens, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.”
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at the Disneyland Resort and will officially open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29th.