Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopened today at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and with it, the new Animation Experience at the Conservation Station.
- This new experience will share how live animals have inspired many of Walt Disney Animation’s most iconic characters.
- In the video above, guests were introduced to a Trumpeter Hornbill which is similar to the type of bird Zazu was inspired by.
- It also offers guests the opportunity to learn to draw some of their favorite characters from Disney’s animated classic The Lion King, including:
- All of the characters are as they appeared in the animated film as opposed to the upcoming live-action remake.
- Disney Fastpass+ is offered for The Animation Experience at Conservation Station.
- Multiple showings of The Animation Experience at the Conservation Station are offered daily.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom guide maps were also updated to reflect the reopened Rafiki’s Planet Watch and the new Animation Experience.
- Disney’s live-action remake of The Lion King roars into theaters July 18.
- “Disney’s The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau (The Jungle Book), journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.”
The Lion King features the voices of:
- Donald Glover as Simba
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar
- Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
- Billy Eichner as Timon