Disney+ is still months away from launching and we’re already looking ahead to season two of one of its original series. Jon Favreau appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night and announced that he is currently working on the second season of The Mandalorian.
- During his interview with Kimmel, when asked about the Star Wars spinoff, Favreau said “We’re done with the first season, I was actually writing part of the second season now.”
- The soon-to-be Disney Legend is the writer and executive producer of the new series, which will be available on Disney+ at launch.
- Favreau also described the new series a bit, saying “It’s about a bounty hunter. It’s after Return of the Jedi so the Empire’s gone and all hell is breaking loose in the Outer Rim and it’s about the scum and villainy that, once you take out the rule of law, what happens, chaos takes over and you have a lot of the unseemly characters.”
- Favreau was actually on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote his live-action remake of The Lion King, which will be in theaters July 18, before being asked about The Mandalorian.
More on The Mandalorian:
- The series will include episodes directed by:
- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series will take place between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
- After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
- Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones)
- Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad)
- Gina Carano (Deadpool)
- Emily Swallow (Supernatural)
- Carl Weathers (Predator)
- Omid Abtahi (American Gods)
- Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man)
- Nick Nolte (Affliction)