It’s almost time for the Disney Skyliner to take to the skies! The Disney Parks Blog has revealed that the new mode of transportation for the Walt Disney World Resort will official open to guests on September 29.
- Following months of construction and testing, the Disney Skyliner will officially open to guests this fall.
- Those visiting Walt Disney World will be able to enjoy taking the new Disney Skyliner starting on September 29, 2019.
- Disney’s latest addition to resort transportation will connect guests between two Disney parks and several resort hotels including:
Fast facts about the Skyliner:
- Each gondola cabin can seat up to 10 guests.
- Cabins are wheelchair accessible.
- While air conditioning will not be available in the cabins, each is designed to provide plenty of ventilation and will feature reflective glass.
- The gondolas will travel at approximately 11 mph on more than six miles of cable.
- A typical ride on the Disney Skyliner will last between five and 15 minutes.
- The outside of the gondolas will be decorated with colorful wraps with characters from Disney films and attractions including:
For more exciting changes and projects happening at Walt Disney World, be sure to check out the Laughing Place Project Tracker!