LEGOLAND Florida Resort celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing by revealing a new life-size LEGO Astronaut model. The model will be on display at the Kennedy Space Center before moving to its permanent home at LEGOLAND Florida.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort built something out of this world to celebrate and honor the 50th anniversary of the historic landing of Apollo 11.
- The theme park built for kids constructed a life-size LEGO Astronaut model comprised of almost 66,000 LEGO bricks!
- In addition to the eye-catching astronaut model, LEGOLAND Florida also assembled a moon landing-inspired mosaic background built from more than 44,000 LEGO bricks.
- The model will be displayed at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex for a year before moving to its permanent home at LEGOLAND Florida Resort where guests will be encouraged to take pictures with the replica moon lander.
Fun facts about the astronaut model:
- One model designer spent 143 hours designing the astronaut model
- Five model builders spent a combined 450 hours building the astronaut model
- Approximately 65,600 LEGO bricks were used to construct the astronaut model
Fun facts about the LEGO mosaic background:
- One model designer spent 58 hours designing the mosaic
- Six model builders spent a combined 480 hours building the mosaic
- Approximately 44,500 LEGO bricks and 23 different colors were used to complete the mosaic
LEGO at home: