Lucasfilm Publishing made some big announcements for some exciting new comic series at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, including “The Rise of Kylo Ren.”
- StarWars.com shared details and images of the new lineup of comics announced by Lucasfilm Publishing at San Diego Comic-Con 2019.
- A four-issue miniseries, “The Rise of Kylo Ren” will be coming to stores in December.
- Writer Charles Soule shared his excitement for his next project, saying “I can’t believe I’m doing it. It’s astonishing.”
- Another exciting new project revealed during the panel was:
- Return to Vader’s Castle – Another collection of spooky stories coming for Halloween season, will focus on the bad guys. Stories will center around Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, Jabba the Hutt, Darth Vader, and Grand Moff Tarkin. In the original Tales from Vader’s Castle series, writer Cavan Scott turned Christopher Lee’s Count Dooku into a vampire; now, he’s turning Tarkin — or Peter Cushing, another horror icon alongside Christopher Lee — into a classic archetype. “Long ago, Grand Moff Tarkin created a monster,” said Scott, “who’s now coming after him.” Horror fans, rejoice: black-and-white covers will also be available. In addition, a print version of Scott’s Dooku: Jedi Lost — previously an audio-only release — is on the way in October.
- Lucasfilm also revealed a look at covers and interiors from a host of upcoming projects, including several of the “Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” titles:
You can catch up on all the exciting news that came out of San Diego Comic-Con 2019 here.