Hulu has released a series of images providing us with our first look at their upcoming new drama series Looking for Alaska.
- Looking For Alaska is an 8-episode limited series based on the John Green novel of the same name.
- The series has been created for television by Josh Schwartz and comes from Paramount Television and Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire.
- Savage and Schwartz will serve as executive producers. alongside Jessica Tuchinsky, Mark Waters, John Green, and Marty Bowen and Isaac Klausner of Temple Hill. Fake Empire exec Lis Rowinski will co-executive produce.
- Sarah Adina Smith directs the first episode.
- Looking For Alaska is the award-winning, genre-defining debut from John Green, the #1 international bestselling author of Turtles All the Way Down and The Fault in Our Stars.
- With millions of copies sold, the novel, which was released in 2005, is a New York Times Bestseller, a USA TodayBestseller, a Los Angeles Times Book Prize Finalist and TIME Magazine‘s 100 Best Young Adult Novels of All Time.
- Green was awarded the American Library Association’s Michael L. Printz Award for Looking for Alaska, which PBS recently included in its Greatest American Read – 100 Most Beloved Books.
- Charlie Plummer
- Kristine Froseth
- Denny Love
- Jay Lee
- Landry Bender
- Sofia Vassilieva
- Uriah Shelton
- Jordan Connor
- Ron Cephas Jones
- Timothy Simons
- Looking for Alaska centers on teenager Miles “Pudge” Halter (Charlie Plummer), as he enrolls in boarding school to try to gain a deeper perspective on life. He falls in love with Alaska Young (Kristine Froseth), and finds a group of loyal friends. But after an unexpected tragedy, Miles and his close friends attempt to make sense of what they’ve been through.