We are still right on the heels of a very exciting San Diego Comic-Con 2019 and yet just a month away from the start of the D23 Expo 2019. Marvel, probably the most exciting presence at that convention, has just announced their plans for the Expo next month.
- Inside the Marvel Studios Pavilion on the show floor, guests will be able to step inside the action of the record-breaking Avengers: Endgame at a D23 Expo-exclusive video experience, and tour the costume gallery to see costumes worn by characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Disney Parks’ “Imagining Tomorrow, Today” Pavilion will give guest a unique look at Tony Stark’s latest plans to recruit guests to join the Avengers in fully immersive areas in Hong Kong, Paris, and California.
- The Marvel Studios Pavilion will also hold panels with filmmakers and artists, as well as special talent signings.
- Guests will even be able to test their knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with daily trivia games for prizes.
- The Expo will also offer several Marvel panels throughout the weekend. Here is the schedule for Marvel panels:
- How to Draw the Marvel Way – Friday, August 23, 3:30 p.m. PT and Saturday, August 24, 3 p.m. PT Center Stage: Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, Creative Director of Themed Entertainment Brian Crosby, and some of Marvel’s top artists take you step by step through a creative tutorial on how to draw your favorite Marvel characters!
- Marvel Animation’s Venom Invasion and a World Premiere! – Friday, August 23, 6 – 7 p.m. PT, Stage 28: Join Marvel Animation for an exciting panel full of sneak peeks, special guests, and big announcements, including scoop on fan-favorite series Marvel’s Spider-Man and the world premiere of the new Marvel Rising special Battle of the Bands!
- The Walt Disney Studios Hall D23 Presentation – Saturday, August 24, 10 a.m. – noon, Hall D23: The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films, including a peek at exciting projects from Marvel Studios. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!
- MARVEL COMICS: Marvel 80th Anniversary – Saturday, August 24, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. PT, Stage 28: Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort take you through the amazing, incredible, and uncanny history of Marvel Comics! Get the inside scoop on the House of Ideas—from Captain America to Captain Marvel! As part of Marvel’s 80th anniversary celebration this year, this commemorative panel looks back at the history of the Marvel Universe, honoring the iconic characters and timeless stories that have inspired fans all around the world. Marvel will continue celebrating this milestone with its characters and fans in exciting ways all year—from comics and games, to digital shows, toys, collectibles, and more.
D23 Expo 2019 takes place Friday, August 23 through Sunday, August 25 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Want to see everything going on at D23 Expo 2019? Check out our guide for this year’s event, including the complete schedule of panels and character meet-and-greets.