The record-breaking, highest-grossing film of all-time, Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame, will soon be available on Blu-ray and digital. And due to that upcoming home release, a deleted scene from the recent blockbuster has made its way to the internet and USA Today has provided a first look.
SPOILER ALERT for Avengers: Endgame:
- The scene features our heroes taking a knee after the untimely death (not that death at any time is ever timely) of Tony Stark aka Iron Man.
- The scene was removed in favor of the funeral scene, which was powerful in its own right and allowed the audience to see characters who weren’t present on the battlefield, like Nick Fury for example.
- The only hero who refuses to kneel is the past Gamora who was brought to the present by Thanos.
- Her presence in this scene reveals that she was not dusted with Thanos and his armies and is still out there for the Guardians of the Galaxy to go find.
- Avengers: Endgame will be available on digital platforms starting July 30 and on physical copy on August 13.
What they’re saying:
- Directors Joe and Anthony Russo: “It’s a beautiful scene with moving performances, but we filmed it prior to Tony Stark’s funeral. The funeral scene ultimately became a more resonant and emotional reflection on Tony’s death for us.”
More on Avengers: Endgame:
- After 13 weeks at the box office, Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame bested Avatar as the worldwide highest grossing film of all time.
- Marvel recently announced the “We Love You 3000” Tour, culminating in a special celebration at the D23 Expo 2019.
- At San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios took the stage at Hall H to announce what will be coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Avengers: Endgame. Here’s what we can expect to see in an MCU without Tony Stark.