- Authors Dave Bossert and Alan Coats have announced a new book focusing on the career of legendary Imagineer Claude Coats.
- The duo has launched a crowdsourced campaign on IndieGoGo.com to help complete their vision of a book worthy of Coats.
- Whether they are hard core Disney fans, theme park enthusiasts, or both, fans will appreciate the detail and rich history contained within these pages.
- This campaign is for pre-ordering the book, Walt Disney’s Imagineer Claude Coats—The Making of Disneyland: From Toad Hall to the Haunted Mansion and Beyond.
- Backers of this project will be among the first to own a First Edition of what will be the prize of any Disney collection with its behind-the-scenes text, lush production value and rare, never-before-seen artwork and photos.
- Donations for the book start at $40 USD, with additional benefits and perks at other intervals up to $2,500 USD.
- The Making of Disneyland will be published by The Old Mill Press, a small publishing imprint, established by author David Bossert.
- The book will be released in October 2021 to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the opening Walt Disney World
Meet Claude Coats:
About The Making of Disneyland:
- This book will showcase Claude Coats' key innovations in immersive ride design, and his pioneering use of new technologies and visual methods that still influence theme park experiences today.
- The production and publication of this book is supported with the full cooperation of the Claude Coats estate and family.
- Walt Disney’s Imagineer Claude Coats—The Making of Disneyland: From Toad Hall to the Haunted Mansion and Beyond is the story of artist and designer Claude Coats who, for more than half a century, was one of the most prolific creative talents at The Walt Disney Company and, arguably, the most accomplished.
- An unpretentious man of strapping stature, Claude was the artist behind some of the most stunning backgrounds produced at the Disney studio during the Golden Age of animation before becoming one of the eighteen founding members, handed-picked by Walt Disney, to start the fabled WED Enterprises—now known as Walt Disney Imagineering.
- For the first time ever, this all-inclusive book will focus on one of the most revered artists who successfully crossed over from the animation department to become one of the original Imagineers.
- This book will appeal to Disney animation and theme park fans alike. It will be a must have book—the first ever, in-depth look at Claude Coats, one of the legendary Disney artists responsible for how animated films translated into immersive theme park experiences.
To pre-order your copy of Walt Disney’s Imagineer Claude Coats—The Making of Disneyland: From Toad Hall to the Haunted Mansion and Beyond visit IndieGoGo.com.