Charter Communications and the Walt Disney Company have announced an agreement to continue distributing Disney’s lineup of sports, news, and entertainment to Charter customers.
- Charter Communications and The Walt Disney Company have announced a comprehensive distribution agreement to continue to deliver Disney’s robust lineup of premier sports, news and entertainment content to Spectrum customers.
- It expands upon the previous deal and supports the companies’ mutual goal to deliver the best video content to customers across multiple platforms.
- The new agreement contemplates Charter’s future distribution of Disney’s streaming services including:
- Spectrum TV will also offer customers access to ESPN’s upcoming ACC Network when it launches on August 22.
- Additionally, Disney and Charter have also agreed to work together on piracy mitigation.
- The two companies will work together to implement business rules and techniques to address such issues as unauthorized access and password sharing.
What they’re saying:
- Tom Montemagno, EVP, Programming Acquisition for Charter: “This agreement will allow Spectrum to continue delivering to its customers popular Disney content, makes possible future distribution by Spectrum of Disney streaming services, and will begin an important collaborative effort to address the significant issue of piracy mitigation.”
- Sean Breen, SVP, Disney Media Distribution: “Our new agreement with Charter allows us to continue serving Spectrum TV customers with the full value of the Walt Disney Television and ESPN networks, including the newly acquired FX and Nat Geo networks. ACC fans can also rest assured that they will be able to watch their favorite teams on Spectrum, one of the largest distributors across the ACC footprint, when ACC Network launches next week.”
- Charter Communications, Inc. is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States.
- Charter provides a full range of advanced residential broadband services including:
- Spectrum TV programming
- Spectrum Internet
- Spectrum Voice
- Spectrum Mobile
- Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand.
- More information about Charter can be found at newsroom.charter.com.