In just over a month, guests visiting Walt Disney World will be able to ride the Disney Skyliner to select destinations across the resort. In addition to the new transport, the Disney Parks Blog has shared a first look at the Cast Member costumes inspired by the look of the Skyliner cabins.
- Cast Members flying with the brand new Disney Skyliner will be donning stylish, colorful costumes for their daily journeys.
- Ahead of the September 29 grand opening of the new transport, Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) offered Disney fans a sneak peek at the costumes that will be worn by Skyliner Cast Members. Take a look:
- To make these unique costumes, WDI wpartnered with Costuming to design new mid-century modern look.
- This style was inspired by the travel system’s color scheme and the curved shape of the Skyliner cabins.
- Gentlemen Cast Members will wear the Tangerine costumes, while lady Cast Members will wear turquoise.
- Guests will be able to use the new Walt Disney World Resort transport between Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels.
- Skyliner ride times:
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5 to 6 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: less than 6 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: About 5 minutes
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: About 15 minutes
- Disney’s Riviera Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: About 9 minutes
Just for fun:
- Several gondolas will be adorned with graphics based on Disney films, attractions and characters.
- Decorations on some gondolas will look like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Chip & Dale are riding along with guests.
- Several Disney animated films will be represented including:
- Peter Pan
- The Princess and the Frog
The Disney Skyliner is scheduled to take flight on September 29.