Have you ever wondered what goes into the creation of the music from your favorite movies and TV series? Well if you have, you’ll be happy to hear that Disney Music Group is creating a new podcast titled For Scores, featuring interviews with some of those composers, according to Variety.
- The podcast, created in association with Treefort Media, will feature composers from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox, including:
- Alan Silvestri (The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame)
- Pinar Toprak (Captain Marvel, Purl)
- Harry Gregson-Williams (Penguins)
- Henry Jackman (Ralph Breaks the Internet, Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6)
- For Scores is set to launch this week and, according to an announcement from Disney Music Group, it will “give voice to award-winning visionary composers, exploring the challenges and emotional journeys of these musical storytellers.”
- The podcast will be hosted by Jon Burlingame, who has written about film music since 1997, written four books on the topic, teaches film-music history at USC and has produced and hosted a series of movie-music specials for Classical KUSC in Los Angeles.
- For Scores is produced by Maria Kleinman for Disney Music Group in association with Treefort Media.
- The first episode will be available for download on Friday, August 23, while four more episodes will be coming in the fall and even more in 2020.
- You can listen to the trailer for For Scores below:
What they’re saying:
- Disney Music Group President Ken Bunt: “Launching a podcast was a natural progression for us, given our legacy and rich history with award-winning film and television soundtracks. We look forward to including composers from our upcoming slate.”
- Robbie Snow, Disney Music Group’s senior vice president of marketing: “We’re incredibly fortunate to work with such a well-respected journalist and expert in music for films and television. Jon’s rapport with these composers has evoked poignant and personal accounts of their scoring processes.”