During today’s Disney Legends Ceremony at D23 Expo 2019, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that Mulan star Ming-Na Wen will be part of the cast of The Mandalorian while welcoming her to accept her Disney Legend award.
- Wen is known for voicing the title character in the animated classic Mulan as well as her role as Agent Melinda May in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Now, it looks like she’ll be making the jump from Marvel to Star Wars, as she will appear in Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian, coming to Disney+.
- No details were shared regarding Wen’s role in the upcoming Star Wars series, but be sure to check back for more information as it becomes available.
- The Mandalorian will be available on Disney+ when it launches on November 12.
More on The Mandalorian:
- The series will include episodes directed by:
- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series will take place between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
- After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
- Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones)
- Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad)
- Gina Carano (Deadpool)
- Emily Swallow (Supernatural)
- Carl Weathers (Predator)
- Omid Abtahi (American Gods)
- Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man)
- Nick Nolte (Affliction)