D23 Expo 2019 gave us all kinds of exciting news, including a special look at the highly-anticipated conclusion of the third trilogy in the Star Wars saga. Here is a special look at Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Of course, the most notable part of this special look is Rey wielding a double-sided red lightsaber while cloaked in black robes, hinting at a turn to the darkside for the hero.
- Other notable visuals include a most impressive fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers and C-3PO with red glowing eyes.
- The special look also features voiceover from Emperor Palpatine, who ominously says “your journey nears its end.”
More on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker:
- A new poster for the upcoming film was also released during the D23 Expo.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be directed by JJ Abrams, who previously helmed Episode VII, The Force Awakens.
- The film will feature several new and returning cast members, including:
- Daisy Ridley
- Adam Driver
- John Boyega
- Oscar Isaac
- Lupita Nyong’o
- Domhnall Gleeson
- Kelly Marie Tran
- Joonas Suotamo
- Billie Lourd
- Mark Hamill
- Anthony Daniels
- Billy Dee Williams
- Carrie Fisher
- Naomi Ackie
- Richard E. Grant
- Keri Russell
- Matt Smith
- Dominic Monaghan
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will hit theatres everywhere December 20th.
Want to catch up on all the news from D23 Expo 2019? Check out all the headlines from the weekend here.