Disney Theatrical Productions has announced additional principal casting for the Frozen North American tour, which will launch in Schenectady, NY prior to an official opening at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles this fall.
- Previously announced stars Caroline Bowman (Elsa) and Caroline Innerbichler (Anna) will be joined by:
- Austin Colby as Hans
- F. Michael Haynie as Olaf
- Mason Reeves as Kristoff
- Jeremy Morse as Weselton
- Collin Baja and Evan Strand alternating as Sven
- Bowman and Colby, Elsa and Hans respectively, are actually married in real life and the couple shared their excitement about touring the country together with Frozen.
- Rehearsals for the Frozen North American tour begin Monday, September 23, 2019.
- Additional casting will be announced in the coming weeks.
More on Frozen: The Broadway Musical:
- From the producers of The Lion King and Aladdin, Disney’s Frozen, the Tony-nominated Best Musical, will launch a North American tour this fall.
- Heralded by The New Yorker as “thrilling” and “genuinely moving,” Frozen has emerged as the biggest hit musical of the last two Broadway seasons, breaking four house records at its New York home, the legendary St. James Theatre.
- You can see a list of currently-announced cities for the upcoming North American tour here.
- In addition to the Broadway company and the North American tour launching this fall, Frozen will be mounted in London and Australia in 2020 and in Hamburg in 2021.
- Frozen: The Broadway Musical features the songs you know and love from the original Oscar-winning film, plus an expanded score with a dozen new numbers by the film’s songwriters, Oscar winner Kristen Anderson-Lopez and EGOT winner Robert Lopez.
- Joining them on a creative team that has won a cumulative 16 Tony Awards are Oscar-winner Jennifer Lee, Tony and Olivier Award winner Michael Grandage and Tony winner Rob Ashford.