Laughingplace Reporter Jeremiah Good and friends got to walk through some of the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios today, just two days ahead of the opening of the new land.
- Guests will be taken through a queue set in a Resistance base on Batuu, where they will see General Organa, Rey and BB-8.
- From there, they will be taken on a transport, piloted by Nien Nunb, before being captured by the First Order.
- Guests will then step out of the transport into a hangar aboard a First order Star Destroyer, surrounded by “three or four dozen” First Order Stormtroopers.
- The consensus from everyone who saw the new attraction was that the sheer size of the hangar is stunning and at least three or four stories high.
- This hangar is where guests will board their next transport to be taken into the next scene, which unfortunately Jeremiah and friends were not able to see today.
- New footage from Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was shown during the Disney Parks Presentation at last weekend’s D23 Expo:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has been called “one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering,” and from these reactions it seems as though it will live up to the hype.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge officially opens to the public at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World on Thursday, August 29. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open December 5, 2019, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and January 17, 2020, at Disneyland Park in California.