Disney Channel’s part scripted, part improvised family series, Just Roll With It has been picked up for a second season. Disney also announced an overall development deal with the series’ creators for future programing for Disney Channel and Disney+.
- Disney Channel has picked up a second season of the unique new comedy Just Roll With It.
- Additionally, the network has entered into an overall development deal with its creators and executive producers, Adam Small and Trevor Moore, to write and produce programming for Disney Channel and Disney+.
- Production on season two will commence in September.
About the series:
- Just Roll With It blends a scripted family sitcom with improvisational elements and allows the studio audience the opportunity to vote on the outcome of certain scenes.
- The series follows the newly blended Bennett-Blatt family as they navigate everyday family life and the ups and downs of adolescence.
What they’re saying:
- Kory Lunsford, vice president, Original Programming, Disney Channel: “Adam and Trevor, along with the talented cast, crew and creative team at Just Roll With It, have exceeded our expectations and delivered a truly one-of-a-kind series. The hilarious scenarios voted on by the studio audience, along with the improv elements, create an unpredictable, fun and exciting show for viewers, and we can’t wait to see what new surprises are in store for next season.”
- Jonas Agin, vice president, Original Series, Disney Channel: “Adam and Trevor are two of the most innovative showrunners that I know. Their mastery of mashing-up genres and formats is just as inspiring as their ability at telling unexpected stories with inspired characters. I can’t wait for our audience to see how they make the impossible become possible in the future content they create for us under this deal.”
About Small and Moore:
- In addition to Just Roll With It, Small and Moore created and executive produced Disney XD’s popular show Walk the Prank, which blended scripted comedy with hidden-camera pranks.
- Prior to their partnership, Small co-wrote feature films and television comedy sketches before going on to executive produce and create sketch comedy series
- His credits include:
- Son in Law
- Malibu’s Most Wanted
- Bad Grandpa
- In Living Color
- Mad TV
- The Jamie Kennedy Experiment
- Blue Collar TV
- Moore has experience with co-creating, co-directing, acting and writing.
- His credits include:
- Whitest Kids U’ Know
- Miss March
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Just Roll with It stars:
- Tobie Windham (Walk the Prank) as Byron
- Suzi Barrett (Upright Citizens Brigade comedy group, Disney’s Kirby Buckets) as Rachel
- Ramon Reed (Disney’s The Lion King on Broadway) as Owen
- Kaylin Hayman (One Day at a Time) as Blair
- Fans can tune into Disney Channel on Friday, October 4 for a special one hour live telecast of the series. Just Roll With It: You Decide LIVE! will give viewers nationwide an opportunity to join in the fun of determining plot twists in real-time as they watch along and vote in DisneyNOW.
- Want to know what we think of this new series? Check out Alex’s review of the first episode!