It was previously announced that automated cameras would be installed at select character meet and greet locations across Walt Disney World. Now this change has some of the most notable meet and greets at Magic Kingdom: Mickey at Minnie at The Town Square Theater.
- At the location, Mickey and Minnie are still in their celebration best for now, but the change is that an automated Disney Photopass system is being implemented.
- This new system streamlines the process, with one Cast Member directing guests to look at the “magical book” that takes photos.
- According to our reporter Jeremiah, one nice thing about new system is that the scan spot is available as you exit, meaning you don’t need to fumble with your Magicband or ticket to hand to the Disney Photopass Cast Member.
- When it was first announced that these automated cameras would be arriving, Disney stated that, although PhotoPass Cast Members will no longer be taking the photos at these few locations, photographers will “continue to support the more than 100 other Disney PhotoPass locations across our parks so that they can use their creativity to take personalized photos for our Guests.”
- They added, “PhotoPass photographers remain an important part of capturing special vacation memories.”