Tokyo Disneyland has announced that their “New Fantasyland,” Tomorrowland, and Toontown projects will be opening on April 15, 2020. Just today, Oriential Land Co. revealed the news that these exciting elements will be making their grand debut on Tokyo Disneyland’s 37th anniversary!
- Oriental Land Co., Ltd. has announced that a new area, “New Fantasyland,” will open in Tokyo Disneyland Park on April 15, 2020—the Resort’s 37th anniversary.
- This area will feature many exciting new elements including:
- At the same time, Tomorrowland and Toontown will also see brand-new additions as part of the continual growth of Tokyo Disneyland.
- “New Fantasyland” includes an area themed to the popular Disney film Beauty and the Beast featuring:
- Maurice’s Cottage (Disney FASTPASS Ticketing) at the entrance
- Gaston’s fountain and La Taverne de Gaston
- Village restaurants and shops
- Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast
- Here guests can immerse themselves in the world of the film as they enjoy the ambience of Belle’s village.
- Towering above the forest is Beauty and the Beast Castle which houses Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast.
- Guests visiting the Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast attraction will follow Belle and Beast on a romantic musical adventure in vehicles that dance in rhythm to the animated film’s well-known music.
- Leaving the area themed to Beauty and the Beast and plunging deeper into the forest, guests will find Fantasyland Forest Theatre, the first full-scale indoor theater at Tokyo Disneyland with live entertainment featuring the Disney Friends.
New offerings at Tomorrowland and Toontown:
- The Happy Ride with Baymax, where guests can join their own personal healthcare companion for an exciting ride that swings them unpredictably round and round, will open in Tomorrowland along with a shop specializing in popcorn.
- In Toontown, guests can meet Minnie Mouse in person at the new Disney Character greeting facility, Minnie’s Style Studio.
About the Tokyo Disneyland Park expansion:
- With over three years of construction and a total investment of about 75 billion Japanese yen, the largest redevelopment in the history of Tokyo Disneyland promises to further enchant guests with an array of brand-new experiences.
April 15, 2020 marks the beginning of a new era for Tokyo Disneyland.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning