Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will open a brand new spa in spring 2020. Tenaya Stone Spa will be a full service location providing a selection of high quality treatments and services to pamper guests.
- The Disney Parks Blog has announced that a new spa is coming to Disneyland Resort’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Opening in the spring of 2020, Tenaya Stone Spa will provide guests with an upscale, full service spa experience guaranteed to revitalize and invigorate the senses.
- Tenaya Stone Spa is inspired by the spirit of nature and Californian heritage and will serve as a rejuvenating retreat for guests.
- The Disney Parks Blog notes that, “in some indigenous cultures, Tenaya can mean ‘to dream.’ For modern-day travelers seeking a respite to dream and recharge, it is only when we relax that we can regain balance within ourselves.”
- Guests visiting the serene spa will be able to select from a wide array of services and experiences including:
- Body treatments
- Salon services
- The spa will be located near GCH Craftsman Bar and the hotel’s entrance to Disney California Adventure park.
- Tenaya Stone Spa is being designed by Walt Disney Imagineers.
- Unlike the previous offering for guests, Mandara Spa, this tranquil location will be operated by the Walt Disney Company.
- The concept art revealed for the spa shows the relaxation room were elements include:
- Craftsman architecture
- Comfortable furnishings
- Water features
- Stained glass window of the rising sun
- Earlier this year, Disney announced that Mandara Spa would be leaving the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Fortunately guests will still be able to enjoy relaxing massages, facials and other treatments when Tenaya Stone Spa opens next year.