Basketball fans can go behind the scenes with the 2019 NBA Draft class in NBA Rooks. Follow the first year NBA journey of Zion Williamson, Jar Morant, RJ Barrett and others in ESPN+ 's exclusive series. Fans with an ESPN+ subscription can stream the first four episodes now.
- Exclusively on ESPN+, NBA Rooks brings fans behind the scenes as NBA rookies experience their first season in the league, both on and off the court.
- NBA Rooks follows top rookies from the 2019 NBA Draft class from off-season preparation through the entire 2019-20 NBA season.
- The 2019 NBA Draft class includes:
- Zion Williamson (No. 1, New Orleans Pelicans)
- Ja Morant (No. 2, Memphis Grizzlies)
- RJ Barrett (No. 3, New York Knicks)
- De’Andre Hunter (No. 4 Atlanta Hawks)
- Coby White (No. 7, Chicago Bulls)
- Bol Bol, the son of former NBA star Manute Bol and a second-round pick to the Denver Nuggets
- The first four episodes of the 16-part season are available now on ESPN+, giving fans an all-access look at each rookie as they prepared for the NBA Draft and NBA Summer League, as well as their introductions to new home cities, meeting teammates and coaches, rookie photo shoots and more.
- NBA Rooks will also cover training camps and preseason, the rookies’ first games, first road trips and other milestones, their encounters with other NBA rookies and childhood idols, and making their debut in iconic arenas such as Madison Square Garden.
- The show will continue to follow each player throughout the 2019-20 season.
What they’re saying:
- Brian Lockhart, executive producer, ESPN+ original content: “In collaboration with the NBA, we’ve created a character-driven series that will follow some of the most compelling young players through their rookie initiation into the League. This rare and exclusive access allows ESPN+ viewers to walk in their footsteps and experience what it’s like to make the massive leap from star prospect to full-fledged pro, with all the drama and stories that go along with it.”
- ESPN+ is the multi-sport, direct-to-consumer video service from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment and ESPN.
- ESPN+ offers fans thousands of live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks, along with premium editorial content.
- Fans can subscribe to ESPN+ for just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) and can cancel at any time.