The Walt Disney Family is pleased to announce they will once again host The Big Draw festival on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum is delighted to once again host The Big Draw, the world’s largest drawing festival. This annual, museum-wide community event will take place on Saturday, October 5 and celebrates Walt Disney’s contributions to visual arts.
- In connection with this year’s “Drawn to Life” theme, experience special drawing sessions exploring nature-inspired art, create a care card for someone who needs a smile, learn how to draw Mickey Mouse, and more.
- Guests will also enjoy film screenings of Disneynature’s Chimpanzee (2012) and Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out (2015), then connect back to stories told in our main galleries and in our special exhibition, Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World.
- This year, we are proud to partner with the Jane Goodall Institute’s Roots & Shoots.
- Founded by Goodall in 1991, Roots & Shoots is a youth service program for young people of all ages, whose mission is to foster respect and compassion for all living things, to promote understanding of all cultures and beliefs, and to inspire each individual to take action to make the world a better place for people, other animals, and the environment.
- In partnership with Caltrain and SamTrans, The Walt Disney Family Museum is pleased to offer free general admission to riders and employees, upon presenting their Caltrain/SamTrans ticket or employee ID to the museum’s Ticket Desk.
- Riders and employees will also receive 15% off in the Museum Store.
- Promotion only valid during The Big Draw Festival 2019 on Saturday, October 5, and does not include admission to the special exhibition, Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World.
- The Big Draw Festival 2019 will be held at The Walt Disney Family Museum on Saturday, October 5 from 10 am to 4 pm.
- In addition to offering free activities for all attendees, the museum will also offer free museum and special exhibition admission for guests 17 and under with paid adult admission.
About The Big Draw Festival:
- The Big Draw Festival 2019 is all about exploring the benefits of creativity and how it makes positive changes in our world and our lives.
- The festival promotes drawing as a universal language that has the power to change lives and unite people of any age, background, race, or religion from around the globe.
- Since launching in 2000, the festival has taken place in over 25 countries on seven continents, engaged over 4 million people and even clocked up two world records.
- We encourage artists of all ages and abilities to participate and bring drawing and storytelling to life in your own unique ways.
- Visit waltdisney.org/calendar for more information on this year’s festival.
- Follow: facebook.com/TheBigDrawOfficial | Twitter: @The_Big_Draw | #BDF19 #DrawnToLife