At the “Marvel Comics: Next Big Thing Panel” at New York Comic Con, it was revealed that the Iron Man 2020 event will kick off in January.
What Is Happening:
- Recent teasers have hinted at the tragic fate of Tony Stark, and now readers will see his long-lost brother, Arno Stark, take over as Iron Man.
- How he tackles the responsibilities that come with being the armored Avenger will have monumental effects on the Marvel Universe.
- Dan Slott and Christos Gage, a superstar duo of longtime Marvel writers, have crafted an Iron Man saga for the ages, and with art by the incomparable Pete Woods, this is an event that was worth waiting decades for.
- This 6-issue series will also continue to raise thought-provoking questions about what it means to be an artificial intelligence.
- As the story unfolds, expect to see your favorite Marvel robotic characters from Vision and Jocasta to Albert and Elsie-Dee in what’s shaping up to be a true “Robot Revolution.”
- Also keep an eye out for upcoming announcements about the exciting tie-ins that will accompany this epic event featuring some of your favorite armored characters
- Pete Woods’ main cover art will feature a 5th color fluorescent ink treatment
What They Are Saying:
- Executive Editor Tom Brevoort: “Like the inexorable turning of pages on a calendar, we’ve been building up to the arrival of 2020 and the advent of Arno Stark as Iron Man ever since this latest run began. Here, all of the larger themes we’ve been playing with will come to the fore in a big, sweeping, epic action movie that anyone can enjoy!”
IRON MAN 2020 #1 Creative Team:
- Written by: Dan Slott & Christos Gage
- Penciled by: Pete Woods
- Cover by: Pete Woods