During New York Comic-Con, Marvel announced a launch date for “Iron Man VR” for PlayStation VR. The comic giant also released a trailer for the new superhero virtual reality game.
- “Marvel’s Iron Man VR” will be available exclusively for PlayStation VR on February 28, 2020.
- During the Marvel Games panel at NYCC, Brendan Murphy, the lead writer for the game, explained that he and his team “approached our big story moments with humor, heart, and suspense—attributes that map perfectly with Tony Stark.”
- Players can truly embody Tony by interacting with the world around him, choosing dialogue beats, and going throughout your day both in and out of the Iron Man suits.
- Ghost will be the antagonist of the game and Murphy went on to say, “In our game, Ghost is a great foil for Tony Stark—she not only holds a grudge against our hero, but holds a mirror up to him. As a witness to the damage caused by Stark-made weapons years earlier, Ghost’s fight against Iron Man is both ideological and personal. Because of Ghost, our complex and fascinating hero must reconcile his troubled past, both on and off the battlefield.”
- A Digital Deluxe Edition of the game will be available and will include the game along with: 4 Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, Stealth Armor); 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man's performance in the field.
- The standard edition of the game will sell for $39.99 while the Digital Deluxe Edition will sell for $49.99.
- “Marvel’s Iron Man VR” is available now for pre-order.
- Those who pre-order through the PlayStation Store will also receive a free one-month trial of Marvel Unlimited as well as a code to download four Custom Armor Decos (Origin Armor, Vintage Armor, Silver Centurion Armor, & Ultraviolet Armor) and Marvel’s Iron Man VR Dynamic PS4 theme (Includes Beauty shot of pre-order incentives & video of PS4 Theme).