Universal Studios Hollywood is excited to invite guests to enjoy two new restaurants at Universal CityWalk. Antojitos Cocina Mexicana and VIVO Italian Kitchen are serving up traditional dishes with a modern twist.
- Helmed by seasoned executive chefs, Universal CityWalk’s newest restaurants, Antojitos Cocina Mexicana and VIVO Italian Kitchen invite guests to savor an array of culinary concepts, as the popular destination expands its scope of dining options designed for the discerning palates of Angelenos and out-of-town visitors alike.
Antojitos Cocina Mexicana
- With eye-catching traditional Mexican décor in bold hues of oranges, greens and pinks, and complemented by striking, hand-painted murals, Antojitos Cocina Mexicana sits at the heart of CityWalk, bringing an aesthetic vibrancy to the destination.
- Spearhead by Executive Chef Gian Caterina who hails from Brazil, Antojitos Cocina Mexicana serves up fresh ingredients—diced, marinated and grilled—to perfection.
About the restaurant:
- Antojitos features:
- Open space seating
- Private dining rooms
- An outdoor patio
- Guests taking advantage of the outdoor seating will enjoy live musical performances from local Latin artists and mariachi bands.
- A large centerpiece bar serves as a new trademark of the restaurant and features:
- Over 150 tequilas from around the world
- A variety of spirited sampling flights
- A selection of handcrafted cocktails and margaritas
- Cold cervezas served on tap
- The substantial menu features such delectable items as:
- Guacamole Trio and Chips, including signature guacamole, pomegranate guacamole with queso fresco and pepita guacamole with jalapeños and lime salt
- Carnitas Nachos (crispy pork carnitas)
- Queso Fundido (melted Oaxaca, Chihuahua and cotija cheeses)
- Chicharrones de Pollo (crispy chicken bites, chili lime salt)
- Elote (street corn)
- Sopa de Tortilla
- Flavorful tacos, made from hand-pressed tortillas, include:
- Carne Asada (tequila marinated steak)
- Al Pastor (tender pork), Pollo (achiote braised chicken)
- Chorizo con Papas (ground chorizo with crispy potatoes)
- Birra de Res (six-hour braised beef)
- Baja Snapper (crispy fish)
- Vegan Chorizo
- Tacos are served with Mexican crema, refried or black beans and Mexican red rice.
- Diners can enjoy a sampling of enchiladas that includes:
- Molé (braised chicken)
- Rojas (braised beef)
- Verdes (three blended Mexican cheese)
- Desserts, the celebratory finale of every good meal, includes such decadent sweets as:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Bar
- A trio of Coconut, Pear and Mango Sorbet
- Traditional Flan
- Antojitos also caters to dietary restrictions, offering vegetarian options.
VIVO Italian Kitchen:
- Situated within a sleek, modern setting, VIVO Italian Kitchen boasts an open expo kitchen and prides itself in serving heirloom family recipes as part of each carefully prepared meal.
- Featuring both indoor and al fresco dining and serving an array of palate pleasing lunch and dinner menus, VIVO’s signature dishes come to life under the stewardship of Executive Chef Cyndi Tran whose culinary training translates to the creation of fine Italian cuisine.
- A full bar featuring a variety of Italian-inspired cocktails, conceptualized by an expert mixologist, can be enjoyed at the bar or with dinner in addition to a broad wine selection to complement every meal.
- Warm homemade Italian bread with its crusty exterior and soft, chewy interior, grace each table as diners peruse the menu.
- Diners will enjoy tasty menu items such as:
- Tuscan kale and white bean soup
- Creamy garlic mushroom sauté
- Mussels marinara
- House-made meatballs
- A variety of Paninis
- Hearth baked pizzas
- A selection of innovative twists on classic pastas favorites
- Decant homemade desserts include such tempting treats as:
- Chocolate Zucotto Vasi
- Ricotta Cheesecake
- Homemade Gelato accompanied by signature rosemary infused homemade butter cookies
- The arrival of Antojitos Cocina Mexicana and VIVO Italian Kitchen mark the ongoing celebration of CityWalk, which has boosted the city’s rhythm with a variety of memorable experiences for 25 years.
- With the introduction of new restaurants, including popular eateries Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and Voodoo Doughnut, shopping experiences and the state-of-the-art multi-million dollar renovation of the Universal Cinema, the spotlight continues to shines brightly on Universal CityWalk as one of L.A.’s most influential lifestyle centers.
- Antojitos Cocina Mexicana, VIVO Italian Kitchen and Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville all accept reservations, and cover a percentage of valet parking at CityWalk.
- More information about Universal CityWalk and Universal Studios Hollywood is available at: