The Little Mermaid Live! is coming to ABC next month. This television event will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the beloved animated classic. With just a few weeks until the special event, Disney shared a TV spot highlighting the talented singers and actors who are bringing this fantastic story to life.
- Disney and ABC shared a behind the scenes look at The Little Mermaid Live! special with the cast of the show.
- This live-action animation hybrid production will feature fully choreographed, energetic musical numbers with dozens of live performers including Auli’i Cravalho and Queen Latifah.
- With this new behind the scenes look, fans can watch the cast in action, from recording their vocals to rehearsing the dance numbers. Take a look:
- Disney shared a new TV spot event featuring the cast of the upcoming The Little Mermaid Live!
- The Wonderful World of Disney and ABC are presenting this hybrid live-action/animated version of The Little Mermaid in honor of the film’s 30th anniversary.
- Viewers will take a magical adventure under the sea as live musical performances by a star-studded cast are interwoven into the broadcast of the original feature film.
- The special will air on Tuesday, November 5 (8:00 – 10:00 pm EST), on ABC.
- The Little Mermaid Live! stars:
- Auli’i Cravalho (Ariel)
- Queen Latifah (Ursula)
- Shaggy (Sebastian)
- John Stamos (Chef Louis)
- Graham Phillips (Prince Eric)
- Along with its talented cast, the live musical event will feature beautifully intricate sets and costumes by designer, Zaldy.
- Fans will enjoy music from the original animated film and the Broadway stage version, originally composed by Alan Menken.