Hitachi Vantara is becoming the official ride and show analytics provider of the domestic Disney Parks, enhancing guest experience with data-driven operational intelligence delivered by Lumada Data Management and Industrial Internet of Things Technologies.
- Today at Next 2019, Hitachi Vantara announced a new strategic alliance with Disney Parks, Experiences and Products to help advance Disney’s industry-leading theme park innovations.
- Hitachi Vantara is now the Official Ride and Show Analytics Provider of the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the Disneyland Resort in California to help create intelligent, data-driven solutions that will enhance the operational efficiency of shows and attractions.
- The teams are deploying industrial internet-of-things technologies (IIoT) that build on Disney’s legacy of bringing immersive storytelling experiences to life through the magic of technology.
- The solutions use DataOps, a methodology for collaborative data management that helps organizations use data and analytics to derive real-time insights to transform their operations. Additionally, Hitachi’s Lumada data management, analytics and IoT software collects and analyzes data to provide real-time insights into park operations. The solutions include predictive capabilities and digital twins, virtual software models that represent physical objects and help organizations understand and optimize performance.
- The combination of Disney’s innovative entertainment experiences and Hitachi’s data-driven solutions will allow more guests than ever to make magical memories. Intertwining storytelling and technologies, Disney and Hitachi have already deployed a suite of solutions across multiple attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, including Toy Story Land attractions Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania, and Alien Swirling Saucers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
What They’re Saying:
- Brian Householder, chief executive officer, Hitachi Vantara: “Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort have delighted their guests with one-of-a-kind experiences for decades. We are thrilled to work with Disney to provide intelligent, data-driven solutions that allow Disney to continue its legacy of delivering immersive experiences with increased operational efficiency.”
- Trevor Larsen, Executive Vice President, Facilities & Operations Services, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: “From the very beginning, Disney Parks have been an example of how innovation and incredible stories and characters can come together to create something truly special. Working with Hitachi Vantara and its portfolio of data-driven technologies, we can continue to take our guests on unbelievable adventures delivering consistently outstanding experiences for every guest, every time.”