To help celebrate this spooky halloween season, some very talented artists are appearing at the WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mimi Chao and NAKI will be launching the newest Disney Villains inspired art. The Disney Villains: Interpreted Collection is a curated mix of 13 different pieces from artists all over the world bringing unique interpretations of a notorious Disney Villain. Two of these artists, Mimi Chao and NAKI, will be appearing in person to say hello and sign their works.
- Mimi Chao is an artist based in Los Angeles who started her career as a corporate lawyer before deciding to pursue a more creative path of drawing and storytelling. She is currently the story & art director for a product company and runs her illustration studio, Mimochai.
- Ha Gyung Lee (also known as NAKI) is a Korean-born illustrator who graduated from Art Center College of Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in illustration. Her pieces combine themes of mysticism inspired by anime and Japanese culture, arranged into striking compositions which are often accentuated with plants from the memories of her grandmother’s garden.
- They will be appearing at WonderGround gallery on Oct. 12 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Rhode Montijo will also be appearing to showcase some of his adorable vintage inspired Halloween prints! Rhode is a Mexican-American author and illustrator who has been active in animation, comics, and children’s publishing since graduating from California College of Arts and Crafts in 1995. He is known for his imaginative world-building and his fantastical books and characters that include “Cloud Boy” and “The Halloween Kid.” His personal work is inspired by Mexican mythology and love of vintage Halloween decorations.
- Rhode will be at WonderGround Gallery on Oct. 12 from Noon to 3 p.m. and Oct. 20 from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Jeff Granito will be on scene showing off some of his Tiki-inspired, frightfully fun offerings! From his studio in Southern California, Jeff creates art for well-known clients including multiple Disney projects such as the Disneyland Decades Collection, Disneyland Club 33 Summer of Tiki and has been a featured artist on Disney Cruises and at Disney Aulani. Jeff holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, Calif., and his graphic designs are bright, bold and sure to make you smile!
- Jeff will be at WonderGround Gallery Oct. 11-12, 18-19 from 6 to 10 p.m.
- At WonderGround Gallery, guests enter into a world of imagination inspired by your favorite Disney films and characters, and see interpretive works in a range of mediums by dozens of artists. Each month, guests are invited to meet the artists and discover unique and new original pieces for their home, office or as special gifts, all rooted in Disney’s time-honored heritage of storytelling through art.