In the late 90’s, sometime after Disney’s All Star Sports and Music Resorts opened but just before Disney’s All Star Movies Resort opened, a larger than life McDonald’s appeared at Walt Disney World, almost in-theme with its neighboring resorts. In the late 2000’s it closed for renovation and remodeling, dropping the fanciful giant burgers, and cups, and golden arches for a sleeker more modern look. Now, nearly a decade later, it appears that’s happening again.
- Starting on October 30, the McDonald’s restaurant located at 1596 West Buena Vista Drive near Disney’s All-Star Resorts will begin remodeling to modernize and deliver a redesigned, elevated guest experience.
- The restaurant will be closed during construction and will reopen in 2020, offering our guests a new level of choice, convenience and dining at McDonald’s.
- During this refurbishment, guests looking to dine at McDonald’s may visit the nearest restaurant, located at 7627 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746.
- For guests on the other side of Walt Disney World, closer to Disney Springs, the McDonalds in the Crossroads Shopping Plaza will be open and available until at least August 2021, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- When the store re-opens in 2020, it will still be the last remaining McDonald’s on Walt Disney World property. The McDonald’s located in the former Downtown Disney Marketplace closed in 2010, and its location is now occupied by Disney Springs’ Poutine Stand, and Uniqlo. The in-park locations have all closed as well, and have become more traditional snack stands or quick-service locations.