Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World today were among the first to see the newly unveiled Animation Courtyard sign. This past spring, Disney announced the sign would be updated with a new look and color scheme.
- Earlier today, the new Animation Courtyard sign at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was unveiled.
- While the facade leading into the courtyard isn’t new, the paint, color scheme, and logo are completely different.
- Here’s what the new signage looks like:
- Guests can see the main structure now features a dark grey-ish blue background. The sign is cream colored at the top with light brown/taupe tiles on the sides with the same dark grey accents.
- This new look feels more sleek and contemporary and a little less fun the previous sign, not to mention the lack of our pal Mickey Mouse.
- For reference, here’s what the sign looked like before:
- During this spring’s 30th anniversary celebration for Hollywood Studios, it was announced that the sign would be getting an update along with the park’s logo.
- Perhaps, Mickey will return and bring character friends, BB-8, and Woody with him as seen in the concept art (below), but for now, the “O’s” in Hollywood remain unfilled.
- And just for fun, while we’re talking Hollywood Studios, here are a few other iterations of the sign in its MGM Studios days:
- The park has been undergoing some major changes over the last few years. In June of 2018, Hollywood Studios welcomed Toy Story Land with two new attractions, shopping, and dining offerings.
- This summer, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge invited guests to set foot on the planet Batuu and become a real part of their own Star Wars story.
- On December 5, 2019 the immersive attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will give guests the opportunity to join in the fight against the First Order.
New sign photos by Jeremiah Good.