The launch of Disney+ is less than a week away and guests of Disneyland will soon be able to get a “sneak peek” at this highly-anticipated High School Musical: The Musical: The Series starting November 12, according to the Disney Parks Blog.
- Guests will find this a special presentation related to the new series at the Tomorrowland Theater in Disneyland park for a limited time.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series will be available on Disney+ when the streaming service launches on November 12.
More on High School Musical: The Musical: The Series:
- Inspired by the pop culture sensation “High School Musical,” the series was created and is executive produced by Tim Federle, a screenwriter, novelist, librettist and self-described “musical theatre kid.”
- As announced previously, the first episode will be televised across three networks, ABC, Disney Channel and Freeform, on one night, Friday, November 8.
- The series is set at East High School, the setting and filming location of the original movies.
- It introduces members of the drama club and their faculty advisors as they work their way to opening night of their school’s first-ever production of “High School Musical: The Musical.”
- Show-mances blossom, old friendships are tested while new ones are made, rivalries flare, and lives are changed forever as these students discover the transformative power that only high school theater can provide.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series was created and is executive produced by Golden Globe and Academy Award-nominee Tim Federle who also wrote the first episode.
- The first episode was directed by Tamra Davis. Oliver Goldstick, Tamra Davis and Emmy Award-winning High School Musical executive producers Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush also serve as executive producers of the first episode.
- Olivia Rodrigo
- Joshua Bassett
- Matt Cornett
- Sofia Wylie
- Larry Saperstein
- Julia Lester
- Dara Renee’
- Frankie A. Rodriguez
- Mark St. Cyr
- Kate Reinders